Re: Architectural Engineers

With all due respect, I believe that you are mistaken about a few
things.  Architects and Civil Engineers are not equal in California.
Civil Engineers can do all buildings except Hospitals and Schools, high
rises can be stamped by a Civil Engineering.  Only Hospitals and Schools
require a Structural Engineer.

I don't think the original question was about an actual Architectural
Engineering license, but rather what people are doing.  A Civil Engineer
in California can do any engineering for which he has the appropriate
experience and expertise.

I for one am Structural Engineer, and do not engage in "Architectural
Engineering" as it were.  In today's day of specialization, I think it
is best to leave each of the different pieces of design up to an
appropriately qualified professional (Architect, Structural Engineer,
Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and so on).  How could you possibly keep
up with advances in all of those fields and all of the code changes?
You would be working 100 hours a week!

Ted Ryan

--
27                               Message:0027
27