Re: PPT Lumber: Know What You're Buying

Frank,

I don't suppose you could put a PDF link up on the VT website? There has been fairly little quantitative information in the mainstream literature about the use of the new treated woods. Most everything I've seen is gloom-and-doom about fasteners, and no real summary about old-to-new equivalents for specifying PT woods. I'll admit I've paid less attention to the level of treatment, and more to the fasteners.

Have you talked with Cathy Cook at the town of Blacksburg about the disparity in ground treatment vs. above ground in the local materials? I know that she and her staff are usually right on top of the code, but sometimes distinctions this fine (or, perhaps, this poorly publicized) can slip by.

Jordan
(soon to be in Blacksburg...if I can ever get my new office finished!)