Re: Waffle slab design

Javier,

If you understand  Spanish, see the excellent book of Florentino Regalado Tesoro "Los forjados reticulares: diseño, análisis construccion y patologia".

The author is a founder of a Spanish software firm (Cype Ingenieros, SA) and the book is the thesis  presented by him to defend his doctoral degree. Contact  www.cype.com

They are almost 600 pages dealing with waffles slabs, only. The book treats the Spanish reality and their construction codes, but there are also a lot of subjects concerning design and project,  laboratory experiments, good practices to construct, errors, etc,  that have universal application .

That's why I think it's a very useful tool to the structural designers, even for those non-Europeans.

Vitor Nina

Javier Encinas <jencinas(--nospam--at)coqui.net> wrote:
Is there a good reference for the design of waffle slab systems? The Wang & Salmon textbook and the PCA Notes don't cover this subject in detail. Regards,

Javier Encinas, PE

Do you Yahoo!?