D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E.
Structural Department
SCHOOR DEPALMA
200 State Highway Nine
Manalapan, NJ 07726-0900
Phone: (732) 577-9000 (Ext. 1283)
FAX: (732) 431-9428
Cell: (908) 309-8657
Email: mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com
Website: www.schoordepalma.com

PDH Requirements for PE & LS in Various US Jurisdictions
State [NL](Note 1)	Renewal Cycle	PDH's Required	Renewal Deadline (Special Requirements)
Alabama	Annual	15 	December 31
Arkansas	Annual	15	December 31
Delaware	Biennial	24 for LS only	June 30, Odd Year
Florida	Biennial	8   for PE[PARA]24 for LS	February 28, Odd Year (For PE: 4 PDH's must be on Florida Board Law and Rules; For LS: 6 PDH's must be on Minimum Technical Standards (MTS) or laws affecting the practice of surveying and mapping)
Georgia	Biennial	30	December 31, Even Year
Idaho	Biennial	30 for LS only	Varies
Illinois	Biennial	30 for PE[PARA]20 for LS	November 30, Even Year (Starting 2004)
Iowa	Biennial 	30	December 31, Odd or Even Year
Kansas	Biennial	30	Based on the first letter of last name: A-L by April 30, Even Year; M-Z by April 30, Odd Year
Kentucky	Biennial	16 for LS only	June 30, Odd Year
Louisiana	Biennial	30 	Varies (1 PDH must be in ethics and, 8 PDH's must be in life safety or building code for PE's in building design & construction)
Maryland	Biennial	24 for LS only	Varies
Minnesota	Biennial	24 	June 30, Even Year
Mississippi	Annual	15 	December 31
Missouri	Biennial	30 for PE[PARA]30 for LS	PE: December 31, Even or Odd Year (Starting 2004)[PARA]LS: December 31, Even or Odd Year
Montana	Biennial	30 	June 30, Even Year
Nebraska	Biennial	30 	Based on the first letter of last name: A-K by December 31, Odd Year; L-Z December 31, Even Year (Starting 2004)
Nevada	Biennial	30 	Based on the first letter of last name: A-E by December 31, Even Year; F-K June 30, Odd Year; L-R December 31, Odd Year and S-Z June 30, Even Year.
New Hampshire	Biennial	30 	Varies
New Jersey	Biennial	8 for LS only	April 30, Even Year
New Mexico	Biennial	30 	December 31, Odd Year for odd number licenses and December 31, Even Year for even number licenses.
New York	Triennial	36 for PE[PARA]24 for LS	Varies (Starting 2005)
North Carolina	Annual	15 	December 31
Oklahoma	Biennial	30 	Varies (Starting July 1, 2004)
Oregon	Biennial	30 	Based on the first letter of last name: A-F December 31, Odd Year; G-K June 30, Odd Year; L-R December 31, Even Year; S-Z June 30, Even Year.
South Carolina	Biennial	30 	June 30, Even Year
South Dakota	Biennial	30 	Varies (At least 20 PDH's must be in technical subjects which directly safeguard the public's health, safety and welfare)
Tennessee	Biennial	24	Varies
Texas	Annual	8 for LS only	December 31
West Virginia	Annual	15 	June 30
Wyoming	Biennial	30	December 31, Even or Odd Year
Note 1: This summary table is for information only. States not listed may have introduced continuing education requirements for professional engineers and land surveyors since the data in this table were compiled. Please check with your state board of registration for the latest information.