Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: PPT Lumber: Know What You're Buying[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: ifaeng(--nospam--at)yahoo.com, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: PPT Lumber: Know What You're Buying
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:28:43 EST
In a message dated 12/2/04 4:05:15 AM, ifaeng(--nospam--at)yahoo.com writes:
Thanks for the "heads up" re the new preservative
I still don't understand why the government killed
CCA, other than to allow somebody to make a fortune
supplying the new stuff.
Irv, I think it had something to do with arsenic (The "A" in CCA), which I understand is not a good thing to have kids playing around or Skil-saw-users breathing. Someone probably said the same thing when they started outlawing lead-based paint. I imagine the people "making a fortune" selling the new stuff made a similar fortune selling the old stuff.
Maybe not everything the gov'ment does is bad.
Ralph Hueston Kratz
724 McLaughlin Street
Richmond CA 94805-1402 USA
- Prev by Subject: Re: PPT Lumber: Know What You're Buying
- Next by Subject: RE: PPT Lumber: Know What You're Buying
- Previous by thread: RE: PPT Lumber: Know What You're Buying
- Next by thread: Re: Architects List Server?