Re: PPT Lumber: Know What You're Buying

In a message dated 12/2/04 4:05:15 AM, ifaeng(--nospam--at)yahoo.com writes:
Frank:
Thanks for the "heads up" re the new preservative
treatments.
I still don't understand why the government killed
CCA, other than to allow somebody to make a fortune
supplying the new stuff.
Irv

Irv, I think it had something to do with arsenic (The "A" in CCA), which I understand is not a good thing to have kids playing around or Skil-saw-users breathing.  Someone probably said the same thing when they started outlawing lead-based paint.  I imagine the people "making a fortune" selling the new stuff made a similar fortune selling the old stuff.

Maybe not everything the gov'ment does is bad.

Ralph
Ralph Hueston Kratz
Structural Engineer
Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com