From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Waffle slab design
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:29:15 EST

Out of curiosity, how common is waffle slab construction, in the US and
elsewhere at this point?

Over the years, I've been asked to look at several waffle slabs in the
Northeast and the mid-Atlantic area. All of there were built sometime in the 70's.
That seems to have been the peak of its popularity as an architectural
concept.

Is it used more in other parts of the country?

Gail Kelley