Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: Waffle slab design

Out of curiosity, how common is waffle slab construction, in the US and elsewhere at this point?

Over the years, I've been asked to look at several waffle slabs in the Northeast and the mid-Atlantic area.  All of there were built sometime in the 70's.  That seems to have been the peak of its popularity as an architectural concept.

Is it used more in other parts of the country?

Gail Kelley