Gypsum ceiling as structural diaphragm

I thought this was discussed a few months ago, but I can't find it in the archives -

Can a ceiling covered with gypsum drywall be used as a structural diaphragm to resist lateral wind loads?  If so, what are the loading limits and other assumptions and precautions that go along with it?

This is a single story gabled end wood structure.  The out-of-plane load per foot at the base of the end truss is about 150plf.  At their peak, the trusses will be 16ft tall (piggy-backed) practically eliminating the possibility of bracing with kickers up to the roof diaphragm.

Thanks,
Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA

Do you Yahoo!?