Re: Waffle slab design

Semiconductor manufacturing uses waffle slabs due to
their high load and vibration requirements.  I've
designed a couple and am constantly evaluating them
for load capacity.  Also, leaving the center out of
the waffle makes running utilities (process gasses,
chemicals, electrical, controls and ventilation) much
easier.  In cleanroom semiconductor, the tools are
usually fed from below (and their support equipment is
usually on the floor below) and ventilation is above.

Paul.
Phoenix, AZ