From: David Maynard [mailto:davemaynard(--nospam--at)ceincorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:52 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Colorado PE... Continuing Education

I agree with Scott, and Washington, on this point.  I find myself sitting
through seminars on things that look good on the surface, but due to either
horrible presentation, or lack of information, I am left with a
not-so-surprising feeling of wasting time.  Rarely do I gain any knowledge
from the seminars that I go to.  Conventions are nice, but I find them
bloated with topics that are way off base and frankly don't interest me,
especially as a Civil/Structural.  Top that with living in a state that
requires a lot of CE credits, and it becomes not only a waist of money, but
also time.  I can't tell you how many seminars I have walked away from
saying, "Now there's X hours of my life that I will never get back."

I agree with further education, but finding topics relating to my work, and
that are interesting, really becomes difficult at times.  And those that are
offered, require a healthy road trip for me to venture on.  Again, more
wasted time.

Dave Maynard, PE
Gillette, WY