From: David Fisher [mailto:dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:08 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: camber for two way slabs

Bill et. al.:

We use camber often in two way flat plate construction in high rise buildings that may have only

One or two large bays (for whatever architectural reason) and rather than thickening the entire

deck to offset the larger spans that occur in only one or two areas, we have the concrete sub

locally camber the midbay/soffit of the formwork to counter the elastic deflection plus any

significant creep effects, if applicable.

David L. Fisher SE PE

Fisher + partners

372 West Ontario

Chicago 60610