Re: Bentley View

jwknospam(--nospam--at)comcast.net wrote:
Does anyone know anything about PowerDraft? How long has it been around? I don't necessarily want to pay Bentley to be their guinea pig. I assume I'll get a response from Bentley on pricing sometime tomorrow.

I'll be GLAD to look at PowerDraft--IF They will give me a competitive upgrade from Autocad LT 2002, and IF they have a Linux version.

FWIW, PowerDraft has been around a long time, so I don't think it would be fair to say you were a "guinea pig."

I'm looking at adding workstations in the near future. I don't mind springing for additional CAD licenses but I'll be **** if I'm going to pay for additional MS-OS licenses just so I can watch the systems crash all the time. I have been trying to figure out how to get Autocad to run under WINE (Linux Windows "compatibility layer" software). Don't know that I have the extra time available to do it, but if it ever works GOODBY TO MICROSOFT FOREVER!