From: Gary Hodgson & Associates [mailto:ghodgson(--nospam--at)vaxxine.com]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 7:54 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: ... Continuing Education

I agree,  Ontario does not have such a requirement, but
Alberta where I am also registered has quite a heavy
load.  Something like 240 hours over 3 years.  So I
signed up for a masonry design course (3 days over 2
weekends).  I thought I would get some practical know-
ledge and learn of the upcoming code changes.  However,
the course was really aimed at analysis and design for
young engineers who had never taken masonry design in
school.  I am an OF who never took it in school either,
but took courses and read and talked to others to learn.
>From my point of view it didn't add anything, but reminded
why we use computer programs.
Gary