From: jwknospam(--nospam--at)comcast.net [mailto:jwknospam(--nospam--at)comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 6:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Bentley View

For the one or two of you who care, my wife and I did decide to move to Chattanooga, TN, and I will starting my own consulting firm.  The birth of my first son and the move will both occur in late winter/early spring of 2005.  I'll pass along information on the panic attack as it progresses.

The purpose of this post is to inquire about drafting  programs.  I've always used AutoCAD with few forays into MicroStation.  My new business will work with mostly DWG drawings with occasional DGN reference files.

I was going to purchase AutoCAD 2005, but I'm now passingly interested in Bently "PowerDraft".  It appears to meet all the requirements I'll have, and claims to fully support DWG and DGN formats (to the point of being able to externally reference and display both DWG and DGN files in the same drawing).

Does anyone know anything about PowerDraft?  How long has it been around?  I don't necessarily want to pay Bentley to be their guinea pig.  I assume I'll get a response from Bentley on pricing sometime tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

-------
Jason W. Kilgore
Kansas City, Missouri