RE: Autocad LT

----Original Message-----
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 11:45 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Autocad LT

Brian K. Smith wrote:
    While on the topic of Bentley, has anyone on the list tried Autocad LT?  We had a salesman come by yesterday with a quote to upgrade our Autocad 2000.  WOW!  We paid $2600 for R14 and a couple of hundred to upgrade to 2000.  The current "Legacy" upgrade plus required subscription (if its required, why don't they just add it to the price an be done?) is about $2900 per seat.
    We don't use third party software anymore, so I have been considering using LT.  Any thoughts?

Brian K. Smith, P.E.
I have used LT for about four years now, and love it. In fact, just today I'm upgrading from 2002 to 2005 LT.

There are third-party add-ins--some inexpensive and some even FREE--that "unlock" at least some of the missing features in LT--since the code base is exactly the same, just crippled in the case of LT.

[Michael S. Jones]
LT2005 stripped out the lisp functionality - LTExtender does add it back into LT-2005, but there still seem to be some bugs, i.e. some seemingly straightforward lsp programs fail to function.  Just an FYI.

M.