Re: Mexico seismic code

Gary,

It has been a number of years since I did work in Mexico but you may need to be a little more specific on which Mexican code you are refering to.  This may have changed but they use to have a Federal code (Reglamento de Construcciones para el Distrito Federal, RCDF) but it technically only applied to the government area in and around Mexico City (similar to Washington, District of Columbia).  For areas outside of Mexico City many used the CFE code (Comision Federal de Electricidad) which is an industrial code that covers all of Mexico and I believe was specific to only to concrete.

Hopefully one our Mexican list members can give you better information on what is used today and what their basis is.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"G. Bunkers" <bunkers(--nospam--at)pro-ns.net>

12/06/2004 05:32 AM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Mexico seismic code

Is the current seismic design code that is used in Mexico strength based ?

Gary B.