Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Nail Spacing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT Listserver (seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Nail Spacing
- From: AWC Info <AWCInfo(--nospam--at)afandpa.org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:35:55 -0500
No, at this point, timber rivet design is based on an empirical approach. At some point in the future, we'll be looking at them based on the yield theory on which other dowel-type fasteners are based.
Here's a link to the Addendum for the 1997 NDS Commentary which gives more background on the timber rivet provisions (see Chapter 13):
John "Buddy" Showalter,
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
The American Wood Council (AWC) is the wood products division of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA). AWC develops internationally recognized standards for wood design and construction. Its efforts with building codes and standards, engineering and research, and technology transfer ensure proper application for engineered and traditional wood products.
The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard. Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.
Subject: Re: Nail Spacing
I didn't see an Fyb associated with the rivets, only Fu was given. Is there an AF&PA publication that shows the Fyb of rivets?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Nail Spacing
- Next by Subject: NATURAL FREQ OF CANTILEVER PIER
- Previous by thread: Re: Nail Spacing
- Next by thread: AISC cards -