RE: existing bridge

Same thing every where.  Maintaining bridges has no glamour.
Have you ever seen a politician stand at an existing
bridge saying I kept this bridge in good condition.  How-
ever at the opening of a new bridge, or building, the
number of smiling pols out-numbers the people who actually
worked on the project.
Gary