Re: Clients and Permits

James:

Kind of interesting that they want YOU to "inspect" things but don't want
the local jurisdiction to do so (as part of the permit process).

One thing that you will likely want to point out to the owner is that the
downside of NOT obtaining a permit is that you can encounter problems
selling the house in the future, especially if a buyer wants FHA backed
financing (I believe).  If the work done is "known" to be after the
original construction of the house and there is no record of a permit, a
potential buyer can potentially have problems with financing and/or
insurance, I believe.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI