Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Fw: IBC 1617.4.6 Interpretation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Fw: IBC 1617.4.6 Interpretation
- From: "Systems Engineering Ltd." <sytmeng(--nospam--at)surfbvi.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:22:21 -0400
Ah, I solved my problem.
Fx is what I expected of Vx and is actually different than Vx.
So, Vx sums from the top down as expected !
----- Original Message -----
From: Systems Engineering Ltd.
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 11:59 AM
Subject: IBC 1617.4.6 Interpretation
Good Day !
I am not sure if I am interpreting the code correctly:
IBC 1617.4.6 Equation 16-47 uses Vx. Is this Vx cumulative from the top down as is Px?
From previous calculations and the definition, it appears not, but from what makes sense, it does appear
as though it should be the total shear at the level.
Systems Engg. Ltd.
- Prev by Subject: IBC 1617.4.6 Interpretation
- Next by Subject: RE: IBC 2003 seismic design loads for site retaining walls -10/14 /04
- Previous by thread: IBC 1617.4.6 Interpretation
- Next by thread: CMU Retaining Wall installation Problem