Re: two slabs

Dave

I cannot comment on the first 2,

Normally the form would be pre-cambered before pouring but I have heard of the other method being used.

For spans in that range with RC I would not rely on the L/D rations to save me. If you like I will run it on RAPT and give you the estimated deflections if you give me the relevant spans, loading, concrete shapes , concrete strengths, reinforcement covers etc. RAPT will give you a more realistic estimate of the deflections taking into account creep and shrinkage (not as a multiplier) as well as cracking and shape changes such as drop panels.

Looking at deflection patterns, I would agree that grid lines also need pre-cambering for two way slabs as the column strip deflection is often more critical than the overall panel deflection.but most people probably do not think of this when specifying it.