Re: Design for Liquifaction (or mitigation thereof)

I would be concerned that the settlement due to
liquefaction would not be uniform across (or along)
your structure.

I've heard of geotechnical engineers sticking their
heads out and giving design criteria to deal with that
issue...such as "assume that your foundation has zero
support from soil within a circle of diameter 'X', and
that circle can occur anywhere under your structure."
 Sounded pretty iffy to me.

d a v e  e v a n s