Re: Continuing Education on Line

On Dec 8, 2004, at 8:48 AM, M. David Finley, P.E. wrote:

I need to get in a few more CEU's before the end of the year and it will have to be via on-line courses.  I'm looking for recommendations on on-line structural courses - which ones were good and which ones to avoid.
I've used PDHOnline <http://www.pdhonline.org/> for the odd extra hours. It's not as good as an AISC Seminar but the variety is good and you get a chance to look over the course material beforehand. They've also got some state specific courses for people with multiple registrations. Florida registrants in particular are forced to use 4 hours every two years for instruction in the Florida engineering law, no matter where they practice, and the PDH courses are a good way to satisfy that requirement.

By way of disclaimer, I've written a short course for PDH involving impact analysis, which I'm not necessarily plugging. Or not necessarily not plugging ;->
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/