Re: l/600 or l/720 brick veneer light gage back-up

The National Research Council of Canada or some similar
body did a fair bit of research on brick veneers on
metal studs.  I remember seeing a big yellow binder in
an architect's office and he said he attended a
conference on this subject. I will try to find out more
if you are interested--contact me.
In regard to someone's comment about the code bodies in
the US not doing research, it is the opposite here. The
NRC produces the model codes and thru the Institute of
Research in Construction(I think that is it's name) does
a lot of research.  Different strokes for different folks,
I guess.
Gary