Re: SIP panels

Jared:

Here is the link to the SIPA report on the Juneau roof issue:

http://www.sips.org/technical/juneau_report.html

Be careful with the vapor retarder.  You still want any moisture that
could get behind it, such as from leaks, (assuming an exterior
application...i.e. between the SIP and siding/roofing) to be able to
escape.  That is why it is usually recommened to use "building/house wrap"
or building felt.  This will prevent active water that gets through siding
due to driving rain, etc from prenetrating, but will still allow errant
water to evaporate out rather than getting trapped between the SIP skin
and the "vapor retarder".  If it is applied to the interior, then that is
another story.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI