Re: Fw: Clients and Building Permits

James:

In my opinion I would not issue any letter and never !!! say or mention inspection, especially on paper. Sounds like your state board is playing the weasel.  In my opinion if you issue the letter you become an accessory to an illegal act, within your own profession. How could any state organization ask you to do this? I would think the state board would reprehend you for such action. What about your personal and moral credibility with the city/county not to mention other engineers, clients or contractor who follow the process correctly. Someone whom places you in this situation has no care or thought about you they are only thinking of themselves.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA