Re: The failings of (engineering) organizations

On Dec 10, 2004, at 1:16 PM, Bill Polhemus wrote:

I suggest you go and live for some time in Great Britain where vestiges of a REAL "class system" exist.
Tell us honestly, Bill, have you ever been to Britain or any place else in Europe? Have you ever listened to the BBC or read a British newspaper? How many Brits are you on a first name basis with?

In comparison we have no such "system" in the U.S.
Like I said, Bill, we don't have hereditary nobility becuse our class system is economic. Where the British class system was most oppressive were the situations where oppression was economic, and that's still the case today in both countries.

And don't confuse freedom of association with "class system."
I grew up down south with that contemptible old way of justifying segregation and restrictive covenants. I despise it.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/