Re: The failings of (engineering) organizations

Christopher Wright wrote:

On Dec 10, 2004, at 4:12 PM, Bill Polhemus wrote:

Why don't you ask me if I have friends who are British,

Because I've asked you whether you've been there. Have you?

I was nowhere around in 1776. However--and apparently by your standards, I am foolish and ignorant in this--I hearily approve of the decision that was made on the behalf of myself and the many other Americans, past, present and future, to divorce ourselves from that European way of doing things, and create our own social order.

But why do I waste my time? I wasn't there, never lived in Colonial America and obviously have no basis for an opinion, do I?