RE: The failings of (engineering) organizations

Bill(s), Ted and others - this thread originated with Bob Johnson's post on
the state of failing engineering organizations and whether we want to accept
it or not - this is on-topic. There is a class war in this country and it
will get worse, not better. As it does it will cause harm to most
professions in the United States by simply promoting outsourcing as a way to
maximize profits at the expense of American Jobs. If we don't discuss this
in terms of protecting our profession within this country then how can we
except to survive the future.
I noticed that David Fisher put an ad on the list for an available position
in his firm - this should be applauded as David is seeking an available
person within the US. This is a good thing for our List and I do hope he
finds a qualified person. If he can't then I would be the last person to
criticize him for going outside the US to fill the spot.
I also can't criticize those who hire outside the US in order to use this
labor for work in other countries - this is fair to me.
What is not fair is to seek ways to maximize profits by outsourcing labor
and creating a larger gap in the class war here in the United States.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer
Join our Free Topic Specific e-Mail Discussions at:
http://www.structuralist.net