Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Residential building permit

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
In response to States that do not require Engineering on residential projects, this should not be confused with "providing engineering services". When a state says a sealed set of plans is not required, they mean just that, the plans as a whole do not need to be sealed, must likely the structural issues are covered prescirptivly in the code. It does not mean that a person can provide engineered beams or retaining walls without being a registered engineer. Gerenrally if it falls outside the code, only that item would have to be sealed.

I am interested in how enforcement of this is done it different juriditions, In Frederick Co. MD, for instance, the plans reviewers act like engineers, unregistered, every time they approve a steel beam or metal building foundtion or retaining walls. The state board of engineers, paper tigers, allow the counties or cities to act like engineers without regard to registration, I digress.

Jeff Fertich, PE
Gettysburg, PA

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
* * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********