Re: Residential building permit

Jordan:

The same would be presumably true in Michigan except that there are
explicit exemptions to the PE (which is also the arch) licensure law for
residences under 3500 sq ft, ag buildings, and a couple other items.  This
means that in the State of Michigan's eyes these items are not subject to
the engineering/architecture licensure law.  Thus, in Michigan there is
engineering that anyone can do that does not fall under the perview of
the licensure law.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI