Re: Residential building permit

Bill
As I'm not familiar with Texas laws, I may be wrong, but
there is a contradiction in what you say.  In the 2nd last para,
you say no permits req'd and there is no municipal inspection.
So if an engineer issues unsealed house drawings, he is in
violation of your state engineering practices since he has not
approved the drawings? or that he even issued the drawings?
Can any one issue drawings so long as they are not an engineer?
Maybe the state is not wild and wooly, but perhaps the brains
of some your board regulators!
Gary