Re: conduit support truss

I've done many of these.  The system usually ends up
being a truss system.  Premanufactured will work but
the lateral forces are very difficult to work out
(joists are usually only used for gravity).  The
antenna tower truss is a good option being able to
ship rather quickly and erection is fast so traffic
below isn't effected too much.  This approach is used
on many DOT signs going over the roads.

Once you've provided a span across the road, many more
utilities will be added in the future.  consider

When time isn't there for fabrication, I've used a
deep tube section to span across.  Also, a 60' span
will need a splice or two to put it together.  I
usually have the section welded and inspected on the
ground and the entire assembly, including the utility
piping/conduit, hoisted at once.

Just remember to be able to take the lateral forces
down to the ground.

Paul.
Phoenix, AZ