From: Ken Peoples [mailto:kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 12:49 PM
To: Seaint
Subject: conduit support truss

I have a client who wants to install a 2" airline across a 60' outside space with vehicular traffic below so he needs some kind of structure to span the 60'.  The request came in as "design me a truss" and I thought that maybe I could just use a pair of open web steel joists spaced a couple feet apart with bracing in between to make a pipe bridge that can be used for other runs of conduit or piping in the future.  However, I can't help but wonder if there is an easier, more efficient way - like maybe just one larger diameter pipe with the airline run inside or a rectangular HSS with the airline run on top.  Any thoughts/experiences to share?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.