Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: From IEEE[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org, ncseaboard(--nospam--at)seaint.org, ncseadelegates(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: From IEEE
- From: Rbengrguy(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:57:58 EST
- Cc: chair(--nospam--at)structuremag.org, dsloat(--nospam--at)coppercreekgrp.com, csloat(--nospam--at)coppercreekgrp.com, govwash(--nospam--at)asce.org, lwhite(--nospam--at)nspe.org, quilanp(--nospam--at)asme.org, l.stogner(--nospam--at)ieee.org, c.brantley(--nospam--at)ieee.org, galaxies(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com, ianfletcher(--nospam--at)aea.org, aie(--nospam--at)members-aie.org, NSPE(--nospam--at)aol.com, Comunellil(--nospam--at)aol.com, WALTPE1(--nospam--at)aol.com, r.t.harrison(--nospam--at)ieee.org, education(--nospam--at)engologist.com
Bob Johnson writes.....................
I was sent this message
You are receiving this e-mail because you used IEEE-USA's Legislative
Action Center to contact Congress regarding H-1B or other temporary
IEEE-USA needs your help again. We have learned that Congress is
preparing to undertake a major effort to reform our nation's
immigration laws next year. This effort will impact the H-1B and L-1
visa programs, although we don't yet know how.
Given the power of the groups opposing our positions on these issues,
we need to organize now to be ready to protect our profession next year.
To help us prepare, IEEE-USA is asking all concerned engineers to join
our CARE network. CARE is a mailing list used by IEEE-USA's government
affairs department. We use the list to notify engineers when
legislation affecting them is moving in Congress.
In this case, we would like to include you on Action Alerts regarding
efforts to change the H-1B and L-1 visa programs, or to weaken worker
protections in those laws. Ideally, we would also like to be able to
ask for your help in strengthening these protections. But we can't do
anything unless you give us permission to contact you by joining CARE.
The CARE list is maintained by IEEE-USA and is never sold or
distributed. You will receive, on average, no more than one e-mail
per month when Congress is in session, about 8 per year. You can
remove your name from the CARE list at any time simply by contacting me.
Please follow this link:
It will take you to the CARE sign-up page where you will be able to
automatically join CARE.
Next year is going to be very busy in Congress. With all of the noise
from other groups, we will need all the help we can get to be heard.
Joining CARE will allow me to give you an opportunity to join us.
If you have any questions about CARE or IEEE-USA, please contact me at
(202) 530-8326 or
Thank you for your help in the past, and I look foreword to being able
to work with you in the future.
and where oh where is ASCE, NCSEA and others on this issue?
Bob Johnson, SE, PE
contributor to www.engology.com
Silence will NOT protect engineers
Apathy is lethal
- Prev by Subject: Re: friction coefficient on rock
- Next by Subject: FYI: RUNNING 1997UBC CD USING WINDOWS XP
- Previous by thread: RE: APA 303 siding for roof sheathing
- Next by thread: Glulam Beam Retrofit