RE: The failings ... I second the motion!

The original post attempted to address the issue of why
(in my words) so many engineers feel the profession is
not very highly regarded (or thought of, at all) by the
public and the author gave his reasons.  No one really
tried to pursue this thread, as it was side-tracked by
the issue of "class" societies.  I agreed with part of
that original issue, as so many engineers are just so
many heads or bodies in large organisations and are not
thought of as professionals.  Who else cares about this?
Gary