Re: Glulam Beam Retrofit

Huffman, Sharlie TRAN:EX wrote:

Sometimes Glass fibre will work as well - depends on how much extra strength you need. Can use sheets or strips along the bottom or sides or use a longitudinally embedded rod along the bottom. A lot less invasive than steel plates. Depending upon where you are, suppliers can be Fyfe, Replark (Mitsubishi), Sika and probably a lot more in the US I don't know about.

This is true about the glass fiber. In fact, I would imagine that it would be suitable as the modulus of elasticity of the glass fiber fabric would probably be more akin to that of wood than Carbon is.