RE: Solo Practice - Billing Software

I use QuickBooks Pro 99.  I have not upgraded in several years because the
later versions did not seem to offer what I need.  I use the program for
tracking expenses and time costs.  The ability to print checks from the
program is a real time saver for me.   All invoices, estimates and statement
forms can be modified to suit personal preferences.  My accountant is able
to read the year end disk for entry in  his accounting package.

One advantage I found is that you can set up a company using templates based
on your type work.  Also, you have the option of using account names rather
than numbers which makes it real simple to understand where to apply
expenses.

I compute payroll separately and enter into QB as the payroll function costs
an annual fee to stay current which at last I heard was over $100 per year.

The last I recall, QB has a demo version on their web page.  I do know you
can pick up the full program on ebay for a fraction of the retail cost.

There are some real good share ware programs that work well.  I have heard
that medlin is a good one.  www.medlin.com

HTH

Ronald A. Hill, P.E.
HILL Consulting Engineering
PO BOX 26525
Birmingham, Alabama 35260 USA
Phone: 205-823-4784
FAX: 205-823-4145
email: ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com
Messenger: ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com
http://www.hillce.com