RE: number crunching

I remember hearing my Dad’s adding machine go ka-chook, ka-chook, ka-chook, ka-chook, for the simplest of calculations.

Peggy

-----Original Message-----
From: James Cohen [mailto:jccpc(--nospam--at)msn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 12:46 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: number crunching

Prior to the old calculators there were adding/multiplying machines. These did, indeed, make crunching sounds as they would calculate. An engineering office was rather noisy when the "number crunching" was going on. I used to play on these as a child in my dad's office.

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
http://expertpages.com/jccpc