RE: The failings ... I second the motion!

Chris,
I also agree with this. The invention of the Bow and Arrow as well as the
Gun put the hunter much farther from his/her prey. The knife or sword was a
close up kill and this made attackers aware of the results of their actions.
It isn't that arrows and guns make someone less aware of the damage they
have done, but it is easier to separate the person from the crime the
farther they are from the target. Of course bombs are simply pressing a
button without having the blood on your hands and can be done remotely.

My point is that most administrators pass down the word of layoff or
firings. The investor only concerned about profits rarely looks at where the
help is located on a global basis. I know I am going to get spammed for
this, but the point on the original post is that when you are so far up the
ladder in a company you are isolated from the consequences of your
decisions.

I'm not sure how people can become more conscience of the consequences of
their actions whether they are in administration or are investors. The
employee is more than a social security number.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer
Join our Free Topic Specific e-Mail Discussions at:
http://www.structuralist.net