Re: The failings ... I second the motion!

Dennis Wish wrote:

Chris,
I also agree with this. The invention of the Bow and Arrow as well as the
Gun put the hunter much farther from his/her prey.

And the invention of the pike and later the long bow took the noble art of warfare out of the exclusive hands of the nobility--the knights--and made the lowly peasant-pikeman/peasant-longbowman a weapon of mass destruction. I don't think the European nobility ever quite recovered.

See how easily we circle right back around to the class-struggle? ;-)