From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 5:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: The failings ... I second the motion!

Dennis Wish wrote:

>Chris,
>I also agree with this. The invention of the Bow and Arrow as well as the
>Gun put the hunter much farther from his/her prey.

And the invention of the pike and later the long bow took the noble art
of warfare out of the exclusive hands of the nobility--the knights--and
made the lowly peasant-pikeman/peasant-longbowman a weapon of mass
destruction. I don't think the European nobility ever quite recovered.

See how easily we circle right back around to the class-struggle? ;-)