Re: glulam beam

Cope, Anne wrote:

I seem to recall product literature about a Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Poylmer
(CFRP) plate being added to strengthen a glulam beam - might have been a
Sika product - I can't remember, but the end result was beautiful - the
casual observer would not have realized the member had been strengthened.
That would likely be "CarboDur" plates manufactured by Sika USA Corporation. That would be a good choice. Not sure if they make plates of Fiberglass or not, but their trade-name for the glass product is "EGlass".