Re: glulam beam

GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

Actually EGlass is not a Sika trade-name. It is simply a type of glass - it has good electrical properties - thus was called Eglass. It is what is used in fiberglass. Many vendors have Eglass products - Watson Bowman has something called Eglass 900. I suppose the 900 stands for something. Gail Kelley

Thanks for the update. I had never heard the term "E-Glass" before I started working with a Sika contractor, so assumed that it was a "trade name."

I stand corrected.

(FWIW, I have never seen Aramid fiber specified either. Not sure when it would be appropriate).