From: Keith Pabst [mailto:kpabst(--nospam--at)HA-PA.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 7:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Glulam Beam Retrofit

I don't know that this was done with a glue-lam beam, but one of the other designers bolted some flitch plates to the side of an existing wood beam that was overstressed. Although I do not think this will pertain to your situation, there is a pdf file that is available for download from the National Association of Home Builders called "Flitch Plate and Steel I-beam. If nothing else it is a good reference for future use.

Keith