Re: Aluminum girts and stainless steel screws

According to my Aluminum Structures Code (CSA) there is no problem with aluminum and S.S. together.

Dave Handy, P.Eng.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Reza Dashti Asl" <rezadashti(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 1:51 PM
Subject: Aluminum girts and stainless steel screws

HI,
I have been asked to design aluminum girts with stainless steel screws connected through exteriror sheathing to steel studs. Any comments on galvanic action between the girt and screws and/or the whole assembly and any info on the capacity od stainless screw and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Reza Dashti P.Eng