RE: ASCE wind wisdom sought

I agree with Eli. Equations are often given, in addition to tabulations,
so that they can be inserted into spreadsheets, etc. The term "K1
multiplier" does seem a bit confusing - I believe that it means the
value of K1 is being tabulated, where K1 is one of three multipliers to
get Kzt (not that K1 is to be further multiplied by the coefficient in
the table). You can confirm this by calculating K1 = 1.45*0.20 = 0.29 to
derive the first tabulated value from the equations.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311