Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: APA 303 siding for roof sheathing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: APA 303 siding for roof sheathing
- From: "Robert C. Rogers" <rcr(--nospam--at)ssastructural.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:03:26 -0500
Title: APA 303 siding for roof sheathing
I asked a similar question to APA regarding the use of T1-11 siding for a flooring sheathing…..the shear capacity wasn’t the issue… it was the vertical rating…..APA adamantly stated that it is not “rated” for vertical loading like a floor sheathing (or roof sheathing). We all know it has a capacity, but APA would not “rate-it”……because it’s not “tested” for that kind of capacity….maybe in your case its less of an issue since roof load may not be as much as floor load…..
Robert Rogers, PE
Scott M. [mailto:HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us]
Scott M. Haan P.E.
- Prev by Subject: APA 303 siding for roof sheathing
- Next by Subject: RE: APA 303 siding for roof sheathing
- Previous by thread: APA 303 siding for roof sheathing
- Next by thread: RE: APA 303 siding for roof sheathing