Re: Intellectual Property

Wontae Kim wrote:

Hi!

If I show papers or manuals released/ published by public institutions like ACI, PCI, AISC in my company web page,

Not sure what you're asking here. Are these papers that YOU have authored that were published by these entities? Or simply documents like ACI 318?

FWIW, you may not simply put up PDFs (e.g.) of copyrighted documents for perusal and download. That's a clear violation of copyright that goes far beyond the intent of "fair use."

Also FWIW, when I wanted to put copies of some ACI documents in a printed report in a legal matter for which I was serving as expert witness, I asked ACI for permission to do so, and they sent me an agreement stipulating exactly what I was going to do with the documents to sign. I did that, and was able to sleep without a guilty conscience.