solo engineers- W-9 question

Listers,
I have a email into my accountant friend, but I figure I am not the first person to have had to fill one of these out before. I have just started doing independent contract work. Two of my clients have sent me W-9 forms. I do not know if I am exempt from backup withholding or not.

If you do know, please CC me directly because I am on digest mode..

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Kester, PE
Lake Mary, FL